Public Engagement Schedule

Printed Investment Plan

Provide Feedback


The County is committed to ensuring that our ARPA investments directly respond to the needs of County residents and that they address the inequities exposed by the pandemic. As such, the County developed a four-pronged community engagement strategy to shape its ARPA decision-making. More information will be included as we move through this process.

To date, the County’s public engagement efforts have fostered meaningful conversations and provided key data points which have informed the development of this investment plan.

Public Engagement Survey

On October 17, 2022, the County launched a website and interactive survey for the community to provide input on needs and priorities for ARPA funding. Response highlights from the public engagement survey are provided below. For more a more comprehensive breakdown of survey responses, please visit:
Response Highlights from Public Engagement Survey:

Key Demographics: Below are a series of demographic highlights from the respondents

Respondent Age: Youth and young adults ages 39 or younger accounted for 34.9% of respondents, adults between the ages of 40 to 59 accounted for 39.7%, while the remaining 25.4% were 60 or older.

Respondent Sex: Female respondents accounted for 55.4% of responses, male respondents accounted for 39.8% of responses, non-binary respondents accounted for 1.1% of responses, transgender respondents accounted for 0.6% of responses, while the remaining 3.1% of respondents indicated they preferred not to answer.

Respondent Race: Approximately 74.9% of respondents identified their race as white, 10.8% were black or African American, 9.0% preferred not to answer, 0.9% were Asian, 0.3% were Indian or Alaska Native, 0.1% were native Hawaiian and the remaining 3.9% identified their race as other.

Respondent Ethnicity: Approximately 5.1% of respondents identified their ethnicity as Hispanic, while the remaining 94.9% were either not Hispanic or preferred not to answer.

Most Impacted County Populations. hen asked to identify the most negatively impacted populations in the County, the top three (3) identified populations, in order, were the:

  • Front-line and/or essential workers
  • Families with school-aged children
  • Small businesses

Overall Funding Priorities. When asked about the importance of eight (8) different ARPA eligible funding priorities, respondents gave the highest votes of importance to community health and wellness, homeless and housing services and public infrastructure.

Subcommittee Specific Funding Priorities: Respondents were asked to rank funding priorities specific to each of the County’s four (4) ARPA subcommittees. Below is a summary of the results.